Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Breakfast - Eggs and Leftovers

Common themes:
What I eat in general: Leftovers, incorporated however I can.
What I eat for breakfast: Eggs + veggies (usually sauteed onion and pepper) scrambled together. 

This can definitely make my meals look random.  Today, I went for something of a combo.  I have leftover chicken that I shredded from the whole chicken yesterday, and leftover broccoli slaw from the fish tacos Saturday.

I poached up two eggs and served them on a bed of chicken, slaw, and some spinach, and cracked some pepper on top.

How my awesome dad taught me to quick-and-easy poach two eggs:
In a small frying pan (with a fitting lid), spray some non-stick, crack two eggs in, then pour enough water in to cover the egg white.  I don't completely submerge the yolks, for no real reason.  I think in my case, this was only about 6 oz of water, an un-measured wild guess.  Cover, and cook on the high range of med-high for a few minutes, until your yolks reach your desired state of done-ness.

Who keeps the metric system down.  We do.  We do.

My review: Surprisingly good.  I liked the crunchy texture-egg combo more than I thought I would.

Lunch yesterday and today was/will be fish tacos.  And, what do you know, we have a request:  "Some sort of recipe with that bok something vegetable."  Bok something, look for it in a few days.
Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment