Friday, January 14, 2011

Easy Lunch

I'm finally out of leftovers for lunch, so something simple, good, easy, and available:

Deli turkey, some spinach, red pepper, cucumber, and avocado.  I like to roll the other ingredients into the turkey.  Sometimes I'll roll it all up in lettuce or nori sheets (the stuff used for sushi).  Another thing to purchase at an asian grocery store.  It adds an interesting depth to all the flavors.

Other somewhat common easy lunch things I do:
Pouched salmon or tuna, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Hard boiled eggs, already cooked sausages, and sweet potatoes*.
Previously frozen, then thawed single serving of soup.

*How I cook sweet potatoes at work:  I have a "potato bag" (it's kind of a fleecey-lined fabric sack).  It works really well for sweet potatoes, yams, and pieces of winter squash.  Take a few paper towels, get them a little damp, wrap the sweet potato, put in the bag.  Hit the potato button on the microwave.  You might have to run it through two cycles.  Yummm.

Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment