Thursday, January 27, 2011

Garlic-Lemon Crockpot Whole Chicken

Back again, with more crockpot whole chicken.  This time I was making it for a little work luncheon.  You may be wondering why I seem to be awash in whole chickens.  The answer - I've bought several local, pastured chickens from: This local SLC farm.  I also bought 1/4 a grass-fed cow from them last November, and it's all delicious.  I also get a fresh chicken every other week through the winter from Heritage Valley Organics. 

This time:
Take a rinsed, dried, giblet free whole chicken.  Put a little olive oil on it, squeeze 1 lemon over the thing, sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.  Put in the crockpot, surround with onions and garlic cloves.  Take another lemon, cut into thick slices.  Place several slices on top of the bird, put another couple slices (along with some onions and garlic) in the cavity.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours.

Delicious, juicy, and tender!

Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment