Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ginger Broccoli Beef (Paleo)

Had some broccoli and sad looking asparagus, so I decided to throw them in a stir-fry.  I used a steam-then-saute method I read about on this blog.

Cut up the rinsed-and-still-wet broccoli florets, and chop the rinsed-and-still-wet asparagus into ~1 in. pieces.  Throw these into a heated saute pan and cover, letting them steam in their still-wetness.  I used the low end of medium-hot.  I threw in several handfuls of water as needed over the next few minutes.  That's right, I said handfuls of water.  While these are steaming, slice an onion, chop some ginger.  Throw these in the pan after about 4-5 minutes, along with some sesame or mongolian fire oil.  Slice a red pepper.  When the onions are a little soft, add 1 lb. ground beef.  Slice a zucchini, and I also used some parsnip.  I used a vegetable peeler, and just kept peeling away, so that the parsnip would be super thin and would cook fast.  When the beef is no longer pink, throw in the rest of the veggies you just sliced.  Saute for a few minutes, until the newly added veggies are tender-crisp.  I then threw in several handfuls of torn kale leaves.  Stir them in, saute until wilted.  I turned off the heat (electric stove, don't do this with gas stoves, you'll lose too much heat.), and then covered it for a few minutes, thinking it might help the kale wilt faster.  Did it?  Sure, why not.  Garnish the whole thing with some black sesame seeds.
Prep->Eat time: 30 min.

I would point out the parsnip, but they seem to have disappeared into the onions.


I also only threw in about 3/4 of the onion, zucchini, and pepper, so now I've got veggies prepped for a egg-veggie scramble tomorrow morning.  Yum.  And I have enough leftovers for probably 3 more meals.  Triple Yum.

Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment