Thursday, January 20, 2011

Curry with Chicken

I love curry, and it's been at least a week and a half since I've had some.  Tsk tsk.

In mongolian fire oil or other oil, saute chopped onion, garlic, and a good sized hunk of ginger.
Add some curry paste (I used the green curry paste from Thai Kitchen).  Add some spices - curry, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and chipotle. Add some cut up chicken pieces.  Cook until the chicken is done.
Add some vegetables like chopped bell pepper, zucchini, and bok choy.  Cook for a few minutes.  Add a can of coconut milk.  I also added another canful of water to cover.  Simmer for around 10 minutes.  Add a large bunch of torn up spinach.  Simmer until wilted.  Serve over steamed cauliflower:
Pre-spinach simmer phase

This took a while to cook, probably around 35-40 minutes.  It was, however, delicious.  I think adding the chipotle spice helped with the flavor, as I've never added it before.  I also used a type of coconut milk I had gotten at an asian store, but had never tried before.  Good price, good flavor:
Yeah, that brand.
Happy munching!
Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment