Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chicken Tomato Pantry Concoction

Yes, I do go for the catchy, catchy names.  This was a creation when I was running low to nil on produce and thawed meat.  Time to raid the pantry, see what I could do.

I started as I start many of the things I eat - slicing up two onions.  Saute, in a large pan, with olive oil on medium high, until a bit translucent and/or a bit browned.  Added a few shakes of dried garlic slices (out of fresh - the horror!) and random italian spices - basil, marjoram, and thyme.  Saute for a few more minutes.

In the meantime, open the following:
2 large cans of chicken, rinsed and drained (12ish oz)
2 cans diced tomatoes, not drained (15ish oz)
1 can tomato sauce (6 oz)
1/2 jar roasted bell peppers, chopped
Close-up!

Add these all to the pan, mix it all together, bring to a low simmer for 10 minutes.

Garnish with sliced olives.

Really easy and good!  Probably 5 meals here.
In the background, you can see some of the garden where I will be pulling my own tomatoes and garlic soon!














Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment