Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stuffed Acorn Squash

Every time I make a stuffed something I wonder why I really bother - it was be easier to just make the separate components and then combine them on the plate.  This, however, doesn't stop me from making stuffed things.  (Albeit not very often.)

Cut an acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds.  Place skin side up in a pan with a little bit of water in the bottom, in a 375 degree oven.  Cook for 15-20 minutes.

Meanwhile, saute 3/4 of a finely chopped onion in olive oil, brown some ground beef, and add some thin peeled parsnip.
Cook for a while, add salt, pepper, and italian spices, and a small can of tomato sauce.  Let it simmer for a bit, then take off the heat.

Beat 1 egg in a bowl, add some the meat mixture.  I was only able to fit about 2/3 of my mixture into the squashes.

Pull the squash out, turn over, and fill the centers with the mixture, put back in the oven for 35 minutes.

Enjoy!


Based somewhat on Cave man food's stuffed zucchini

No comments:

Post a Comment