Sunday, February 6, 2011

Zucchini and Parsnip Chips and Pesto!

Kind of a random day, but wanted to play with some stuff in the kitchen.

Zucchini 
First, using my mandoline for even slicing, I cut up a bunch of zucchini and parsnips, and threw them in the dehydrator overnight.  I didn't put any oil or seasonings on them.  They're really good.  The zucchini are really crisp, while the parsnips are more tough-chewy than crsip.  The parsnips especially are pretty sweet-tasting. I think I'll keep trying things like this.
Parsnips
 And then, using my  new food processor (it's a mini cuisinart something), I made roasted red bell pepper pesto. You throw in a couple cloves garlic, some roasted bell peppers from a jar, some olive oil, some walnuts, and of course, a bunch of fresh basil.  Yummerific!

Hooray, red mush!

Go packers!
scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment