Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blueberry - Pork breakfast sausages

This recipe was based off of the Stuff I Make my Husband blog.  That recipe has actual amounts of spices (and a few different ones), I just wing it.

Mush together in a bowl:
1 lb. ground pork
handful of frozen blueberries.  (could use fresh.  don't need to thaw)
a couple shakes of the following:
sage
paprika
salt
thyme
coriander
nutmeg
pepper

The recipe calls for cooking it in a skillet, I just formed patties with my hands and baked in the oven at 425 F for 21-23 minutes.  I had it on the low rack, and the juices that were running off started to burn.

I can't believe I've never made my own breakfast sausage blends before, these are awesome!

Dear Self: I made 11 patties, needs a big cookie sheet to cook them on.

Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment