Saturday, April 9, 2011

Breakfast and New Toys

Decided that I wasn't getting enough protein with the paleo pancake kick I have been on, and I hesitate to call this a recipe exactly, but for breakfast I stacked:
A turkey burger (I had a frozen pack from Costco, defrosted one and cooked in a pan on the stove) and a poached egg

I poached the egg in the same pan and juices I had just cooked the turkey burger in.  Which kind of dyed the egg a turkey juice color, which looks slightly unattractive, and everything is kind of whited out in the picture.  Which is appropriate, because it was snowing again at the time.
Not lacking in protein here!
And new toys!  Just got some cast iron pans - a grill pan and a skillet.  What should I cook in them first.....hmmmm, probably meat and vegetables.

Watch out - my wrists are going to get HUGE!

Scooter

The basic idea of egg+burger came from CFSCC EAT THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment