Sunday, December 30, 2012

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

I've been thinking about doing pulled pork for, oh, like a year now.  Finally decided it was about time:

Slice a large onion.
Place half of the onions on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Place the pork on top of the onions.
According to the package, I bought a "Pork shoulder butt roast", which seems redundant, as I understand shoulder and butt to be the same cut on a pig.  Maybe I'm wrong.  It was about 5.5 lbs, which was just about perfectly sized for my crock pot.
Sprinkle spices on top - I used a pre-mixed "BBQ" spice cause I was feeling lazy.
Add a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes.  (This one also had chiles in it.)
Add a head of garlic cloves, smashed.

The plan is to cook it on high for 4 hours, then on low for another 4, see if it shreds easily by then.

Scoot

No comments:

Post a Comment