Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chile Verde

Super delicious -
Based out of Sarah Fragoso's Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook.

Ingredients:
2 lbs pork roast (most recipes I looked at called for shoulder roast, I got a sirloin roast b/c that is what was available), cubed into like 1" pieces.
1 large onions, chopped
Couple cloves garlic, chopped.
Jar of verde tomatillo salsa (or make your own.)
1 cup broth

Spices:
Paprika
Cumin
Black Pepper

Oil:
Coconut

Method:
Brown the cubes of pork in a couple tablespoons of coconut oil for 8 minutes or so.  Remove to a plate.  Add onions and garlic, saute for 5-10 minutes, add spices.  (I'm guessing I put in a 2 teasoons or so each).  Add broth and use a stiff spatula to scrape all the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.

2 options: simmer on the stove for 2-2.5 hours.

What I did: Put it all in the crockpot on high for 4.5 hours.

It was still pretty liquidy - I think simmering on the stove (uncovered) would have thickened the sauce up somewhat.  It's really good, though.

I am going to try poaching some eggs in the liquid tomorrow for breakfast - super excited.

Scoot

No comments:

Post a Comment