Monday, March 5, 2012

Pork Roast in the Crockpot

So, I wanted to try this from PaleOMG.

2 heads cauliflower, riced.  (My food processor doesn't have a shredder attachment, so these were much smaller than I would have liked.  More like 1/4 sized riced.  This does come into play.)

Around a 4 lb. "Fresh Pork Ham Roast."  I don't really know cuts of meat all that well, but it had the word roast in it, so I went for it.

Put is all in the crockpot for 8 hours, along with some cumin, 1 cup broth, salt, and pepper.

Review:
The meat was great!  The over-watered cauliflower garlic mush, not so great, nor quite as visually appealing.  (I still ate it, of course.  I think this is where bigger sized cauliflower pieces would have been better.)  Mine looked basically nothing like the picture, I think due to the different cut and tiny cauliflower bits.   My roast had a bone in it, and we carved the meat off, vs. shredding.  All in all, I'd make the meat again like this, might try some different things with the surrounding vegetables.

Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment