Thursday, January 12, 2012

And, a Turmeric Tea Recipe

So, I got this idea off of Marks Daily Apple.  And now my co-workers think I'm even more weird than they already thought I was.

I didn't have (or particularly ever have almond milk) on hand.  Drinking straight coconut milk might be a little too rich for me.

So, after some experimentation, here's what I have been doing:

At the beginning of the work week, open a small can of coconut milk (those 6 oz. cans).

I put about 1/4 to 1/5 of the coconut milk into a mug.  Cover what is left in the can with some aluminum foil, put into the fridge to save for the next couple days.

Put the mug into the microwave for 30 seconds.  Add some amount of dried turmeric, dried roasted ginger, roasted saigon cinnamon, and few twists of black pepper.  Thought I don't measure these, we'll pretend the first three are about 1/2 teaspoon.  (I'm going to start adding cardamom to these as well.)

Fill mug with hot water.  Add plain black tea bag.  Enjoy.

And then enjoy again every day in the week!  A small can will cover 4-5 days.

Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment